The REACCTING study is a multi-component cookstove intervention study.
The REACCTING study is designed to deliver two key contributions to the field of clean cookstove research.
· A carefully designed stove intervention (link to STOVE INTERVENTION page) that:
o provides two stoves for each household randomly assigned to an intervention arm since we know that households already rely on multiple stoves to meet their cooking needs; and
o allows a side-by-side comparison of both “high” and “low” end biofuel-burning stove models.
· A comprehensive set of measurements to assess the intervention’s impacts along a pipeline of intermediate to final outcomes, including:
1. Data on cooking behaviors and stove use from surveys and stove use monitors
2. In-situ stove emissions measurements
3. Measurements of personal exposure to pollutants
4. Mircroenvironment (i.e., in-home) air quality measurements
5. Monitoring of regional air quality